Sunday, January 17, 2010

Roger, we have lift-off


Day 20
Karen's roller-coaster adventure of emotional highs and butterfly turns of herbal anticipation isn't as dramatic, I must admit, as an around-the-world balloon flight of the Breitling Orbiter 3, which also took place over 20 days. However I am astonished at the steroid-free growth rate of my indoor garden. It takes longer than 20 days just to get some seeds to germinate.

Like giving a slight haircut, more like a trim, I chopped dill, chives and thyme today (just after taking this photo) and added them to our classic tuna salad sandwiches today. Enjoying fresh herbs in the doldrums of winter teases my taste buds, and makes me yearn for springtime, or maybe a hot air balloon ride.

1 comment:

  1. Your "garden" looks impressive. As for the hot air balloon ride, I'd suggest waiting for warmer weather for that, too.

    ReplyDelete